Have a question about Campus West apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- Are you connected with the SU cashier?
- Will you send me a bill each month for rent?
- No, rent is due at the beginning of every month and a bill will not be sent.
- Does an application guarantee a spot?
- No, only a completed lease guarantees a spot, not an application.
- Are the apartments furnished?
Yes, the apartments are fully furnished and at no extra charge to you! All of our apartments come with a couch, chair, coffee table, end table, entertainment stand, dining room table and chairs. In each bedroom you will have a full size extra long bed, dresser, and a desk with a chair. No need to go to the laundry mat because all of our units also come with a washer and dryer!
- Will you have RAs?
- No. We do, however, have a CA program that is designed to help you with your needs.
- Is there housekeeping?
- No, you are responsible for the cleanliness of your apartment. You are also responsible for removing your trash/garbage to the area trash disposal on-site.
- Can we bring our own furniture?
You can add to the furniture in the apartment, but you cannot take any of our furniture out of the apartment.
- Can I pay my bill with a credit card? Is there an extra charge?
- Campus West has a great feature that lets you pay online! View your balance, submit electronic checks, or pay with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover from any computer. You can even submit maintenance requests! Just log on to our website and click the "Pay Rent" link. This will take you to our resident rent pay portal. There is a small convenience charge for this service.
- Do I need to be an SU student to live here?
- Yes, you must be a matriculated SU student, paying SU tuition, and completed their housing requirements.
- If one of my roommates moves out, am I responsible for their rent?
No, you are covered by our individual lease liability.
- Do you allow pets?
No, and this is a very strict policy that we do enforce. Only fish in small tanks are allowed. Don't pet-sit either, as this is a violation that will violate your lease.
- Can incoming freshmen live here?
We are currently only accepting applications from College of Law , Graduate Students and Juniors and Seniors.
- How close to campus are you?
We are on the Syracuse University Campus on 150 Henry Street. Two blocks West of the Carrier Dome and the SU Law School.
- How are roommates matched?
- We have partnered with RoomSync to provide a modern matching platform where residents choose their own roommates. After you complete the leasing process you will be emailed a link to join our RoomSync network. You will then log in to RoomSync using Facebook, create a matching profile, and begin your search to find your new best friend - or roommate for starters. If you already have a roommate in mind, you can confirm your roommate request within RoomSync.
- How are rooms assigned?
- Residents who already have preferred roommates can confirm their roommate match requests using RoomSync, our roommate matching platform. If they do not already have a roommate, residents will search for and choose their own roommate using RoomSync. Residents will be able to communicate with each other during and after the selection process. In the event that potential roommates discover that they are no longer compatible, they can request a different roommate and we will do our best to accommodate any change request. To provide sufficient time and the greatest opportunity for residents to find the perfect roommate, they should apply and sign a lease as early as possible.
- If I am over 21, do I need a lease guarantor?
Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit of one (1) month's rent.
- If I sign a lease does that hold an entire unit?
- No. All of our leases are individual leases. We lease per bed unless you choose to live a studio or one bedroom apartment.
- Is alcohol allowed?
- All Federal, State, and Local laws apply. However, large quantities i.e. kegs, party balls, etc. are prohibited at all times including consumption in public areas.
- Is parking available?
- Residents must obtain a parking pass through Syracuse University. Spaces are available at the Brewster Boland Garage, Lawrinson Garage, Fine Parking Lot and at the Standard Parking Lot. Parking passes will be available by the university for a period of three weeks from the start of each semester.
- Is smoking allowed?
Campus West Apartments is a smoke-free environment.
- Is Campus West considered on-campus housing?
- No, Campus West is considered off-campus housing. You should check with the SU Housing Department to be sure you have fulfilled their requirements before applying.
- What are visitation hours?
- Guests are permitted at any time provided they are with their host at all times and not inconveniencing/disturbing roommates or other residents. Guest parking is very limited.
- What size are the beds?
- All of our beds are full size extra long. 80 inches long.
- When do I put down a deposit?
- We don't require a deposit if you can provide a parental/sponsor guarantor (much like a co-signor), but if you don't have a guarantor, the deposit will be equal to 1 month's rent. When you turn in your application, we require that you give us the application fee of $35 (one-time charge). The service fee of $200 (one-time fee charged upon processing lease agreement) is due along with signed lease agreement.
- When is the deadline to turn in applications?
- There is no deadline. Availability is based on a first come first serve basis. You can apply online at 24 hours a day. A signed completed lease actually reserves a space!
- Where is the leasing office?
- 150 Henry Street Syracuse, NY 13210
- Will my financial aid cover my rent?
- You should review any documentation concerning grants, loans or scholarships with the financial aid office. Most loans that would cover on-campus housing should cover or come close to completely covering Campus West Apartments. It is ultimately up to you to do the research.